none
Windows 10 PRO Lock Screen Background Deployment in the company

Question

• Hi Gents,

First of all, we have windows 10 PRO. Ver 1607 14393.0
    Trying to deploy a corporate Lock Screen background in a company (As we had for Windows 7).
    Found out, that administrative Templates(Force a specific default lock screen image) is not woking properly and modifyin registry(after hours spended with ProcMon) is not a way also.
    As far as i understood, for now, there is only non-MS products, that are able to do that, but it's not applicable for the corporate way.

What am o doing wrong, and is there a way now to set up Lock Screen background via group policy on the corporate level. 

Regards,

Nikita

Monday, April 3, 2017 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Nikita,

After Anniversary upgrade, Force a specific default lock screen image is only applied to Windows 10 1607 Enterprise and Education Editions .

Thus there is no way to specify the lock screen via Group Policy for Windows 10 Pro Edition.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:03 AM
  • Hi Karen,

sorry but that is absolutely not customer friendly to remove this Setting from PRO, because in Version 1511 of Windows 10 PRO this Setting worked, and we made our Proof of concept with that! Customizing Lock Screen was one of the requested Settings my Company needs.

Now we must upgrade to a newer Version of Windows 10 because 1511 is running out CBB soon - thats your specification Microsoft, and this Option is wiped away in a newer Version in the same Edition! What?!

The CEO´s are laughing at me if I say they have to pay >2,5 Million Dollars to be able to change the Lockscreen Image?! Are you serious Microsoft?!

Have you seen how much Internet Bandwith Windows Spotlight takes if 12.000 People use Windows 10 @ a company? Read this Thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bdc80ea5-a2f2-4b15-a9fb-4feda5050366/windows-10-spotlight-data-usage?forum=win10itpronetworking

Ok I have to come down, lock my Screen watch that stupid cave an take an Coffee...

Regards,

Florian

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:33 AM
  • UPDATE
    Any other ways to set up a Lock Screen instead of GPO(for Windows 10 Pro)? 
    For now it seems to be ridiculous, compulsion for the upgrade to Enterprise revision.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:54 AM
  • You can try this, I tested it with 10.0.15063 (Creators Update) but it didn´t work.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/08/05/disable-windows-10-lock-screen/

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 8:32 AM
  • Hi Nikita,

After Anniversary upgrade, Force a specific default lock screen image is only applied to Windows 10 1607 Enterprise and Education Editions .

Thus there is no way to specify the lock screen via Group Policy for Windows 10 Pro Edition.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Hi Karen,

is there a Way with Regkeys - that would be enough for us!

Regards

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:27 PM
  • Hidihow,

Microsoft heard us! Since Patch KB4016240 you can completely disable Lockscreen with this Regkey in Windows 10 Pro 1703, yes Professional!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]

"NoLockScreen"=dword:00000001

I tested it yesterday and it worked. Now im happy! :) For me this is enough, but be Aware ist only disabling it! Changing lockscreen Image still won´t be working...(not yet tested)

Regards

Florian

• Proposed as answer by Afraskai Friday, April 28, 2017 8:08 AM
    Friday, April 28, 2017 8:08 AM