none
Health Analyzer

Question

• Trying to get rid of all errors reported by the HA

I've got these:  

1. [MissingSiteDefinition] 25 Sites in database [ContentDB] have reference(s) to a missing site definition, Id = [14000], Lcid = [1033], compatibility level = [15].  The site definition with Id 14000 is referenced in the database [ContentDB], but is not installed on the current farm for sites with compatibility level 15. The missing site definition may cause upgrade to fail. Please install any solution which contains the site definition and restart upgrade if necessary.
    2. [MissingSetupFile] File [SiteTemplates\Portal\default.aspx] is referenced [25] times in the database [ContentDB], but exists only under Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 setup folder. Consider upgrading the feature/solution which contains this file to the latest version. One or more setup files are referenced in the database [ContentDB], but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these files.
    3. MissingSetupFile] File [Features\News_MainFeature\PageLayouts\NewsPage.aspx] is referenced [2] times in the database [ContentDB], but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this file. One or more setup files are referenced in the database [ContentDB], but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these files.

Regarding 1) Do I migrate those 25 site to a new WebApp/sitecollection and then back choosing a "right" template? - got ShareGate tool   

Regarding 3) - is a news site that aren't used anymore and a pagelayout- trying to delete the pagelayout I get a Server relation error

Can someone assist in getting this Farm "cleaned" for HA errors ?  

• Edited by JmATK Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:43 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• ShareGate and migration sounds like a good approach to get off the old definitions. You'll have to do something like that at some point. It should fix 1 and 2.

If the news site isn't used, why not delete it?

• Marked as answer by JmATK Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:57 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:52 AM
  • Hi Alex

Ok I'll go with the ShareGate :) - just need to identify the 25 specific sites- is there a easy way for this? :D

Yes - I could delete the News site...but would like to keep it :D 

• Edited by JmATK Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:58 AM
  • It can't be hard to loop through the site collections /webs and get the site definition with PowerShell. See 'configuration' here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spweb_properties.aspx
    • Marked as answer by JmATK Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:57 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:30 AM