none
DPM2010 connect to server in DMZ via TMG server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Our DPM 2010 server is on our LAN and works fine, i am trying to install the DPM agent on a server that is in our DMZ, there is a TMG box inbetween the DPM box and the server i need to connect to.

After a few probelms, I got past many errors by open ports on the TMG box, however i am still stuck on 2 errors.

First of all when i try to connect i get this message, but it them appears to connect ( i got this from the first time i tried )

"DPM could not identify if computer  SERVER1 is clustered (ID 405) Agent installation on SERVER1 can continue.  To sucessfully protect clustered resources, you must install the DPM protection agent on all the members of the cluster.  Review the error details and ensure that the Windows Management Instrumentation service is running and can be accessed remotly from the DPM server"

I now also get the following when you try to install the client

"

Attach protected computer SERVER1 failed:

Error 346: DPM is unable to retrieve the configuration information from SERVER1.

Recommended action: Ensure that the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service is started. If the firewall is turned on, on SERVER1 make sure that an exception for WMI is created "

Any ideas ? i am now not getting any port blocks in DPM, that i can see in logs. 

Thanks

• Moved by Praveen D [MSFT] Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:34 AM Moving to DPM workgrop Protection Forum (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Friday, November 5, 2010 1:50 PM

Answers

All replies