none
How to ID valid Windows 7 Professional Retail dvd by x-number

Question

• I recently bought a cheap w7Pro cd with key.  The first key was in use and the second attempt was blocked by MS.  MS isn't selling this anymore, at least I can't find it.  Can I validate the product by the dvd x-number, ie, x15-60616-03?

Thanks, Charles

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:55 PM

Answers

• Nope, you need to activate using the product key provided. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:39 AM
  • You'll have to purchase a genuine Windows 7 Pro license from a reputable, proven seller.

Carey Frisch

• Marked as answer by c9637m Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:25 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, since Microsoft will not sell Windows 7 product key, I’m afraid your best bet is asking retailers for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:39 AM

All replies

• Nope, you need to activate using the product key provided. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:39 AM
  • You'll have to purchase a genuine Windows 7 Pro license from a reputable, proven seller.

Carey Frisch

Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, since Microsoft will not sell Windows 7 product key, I’m afraid your best bet is asking retailers for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:39 AM
  • Thanks for the responses.  Arnav, I meant to validate the dvd I may want to purchase is infact the product I am searching for by the X# on the dvd.  I should have been more clear.  I thought there might be a listing somewhere, although it eludes me.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:33 PM