Office Home and Student Edition 2007 will not open with my new windows 7 computer RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought a new windows 7 computer.  I have an already-owned office home and student word, edition 2007.  When I put the disk in, nothing happens.  The settings are fine - what is going on -- perhaps it is not compatible?
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:06 PM

Answers

• Yes it works fine, manybe your auto run is disabled, just open the drive in my computer and run the setup.exe
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, March 3, 2010 1:51 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:33 PM
  • Hi Jerry,

Please check if this installation disc can be recognized and opened in another computer. If not, the disc should be corrupted. Please contact Office Support directly for assistance.

Otherwise, if the disc can be recognized properly on another computer, please try Bubbapcguy's suggestion to manually run the disc. For more information about the AutoPlay feature, please refer to the following articles:

Troubleshoot AutoPlay problems

AutoPlay: frequently asked questions

However, if the disc cannot be opened by going to Start -> Computer, it is possible the CD-ROM is damaged. Please insert another CD/DVD to see if it can be read by the computer.

If it cannot be read, please let me know if any error message is received. Please let me know the detailed error information. Meanwhile, let's try to read a CD/DVD in Safe Mode which loads the system with the minimum amount of programs and devices.

We can enter Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue persists, please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Hardware and Sound -> Playing and Burning CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs. Follow the wizard and see if the issue can be resolved.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Friday, February 26, 2010 6:35 AM

All replies

• Yes it works fine, manybe your auto run is disabled, just open the drive in my computer and run the setup.exe
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:33 PM
  • Hi Jerry,

Please check if this installation disc can be recognized and opened in another computer. If not, the disc should be corrupted. Please contact Office Support directly for assistance.

Otherwise, if the disc can be recognized properly on another computer, please try Bubbapcguy's suggestion to manually run the disc. For more information about the AutoPlay feature, please refer to the following articles:

Troubleshoot AutoPlay problems

AutoPlay: frequently asked questions

However, if the disc cannot be opened by going to Start -> Computer, it is possible the CD-ROM is damaged. Please insert another CD/DVD to see if it can be read by the computer.

If it cannot be read, please let me know if any error message is received. Please let me know the detailed error information. Meanwhile, let's try to read a CD/DVD in Safe Mode which loads the system with the minimum amount of programs and devices.

We can enter Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue persists, please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Hardware and Sound -> Playing and Burning CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs. Follow the wizard and see if the issue can be resolved.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Friday, February 26, 2010 6:35 AM