none
Convert a single row of 5 lists, to multiple records with 5 columns RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list of records that I need to create the detail rows of a header detail relationship. I have the header query create and then created a detail query that has the header.id and will then invoke a function to call an API to provide the detail rows for that header.id.

I've got the function built that passes the header.id value, calls the web API and returns 5 columns of data that are lists with the same number of data points for each list. I want to be able to return this to the detail query to expanded out so I have something that looks like

header.id    detail.column1    detail.column2 ...detail.column5

1                1.2                    80                       11.89

1                1.2                    84                       18.4

1                2.1                    83                       18.9

1                6.1                    79                       17.4

I'm stuck on the step to convert

the function currently has the final step showing:

column1  column2   column3   column4  column5

List         List           List          List         List

I need to return that to the calling query so it results in the first value for header.id expanded to have multiple rows with the same header.id but the list values form the function.

Thanks

Friday, April 21, 2017 9:47 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure if I understood your request correctly, but what I do when using functions like this is to create a table with a column that contains the function arguments (here the HeaderID?) in each row. Then I add a column where I call the function (passing the arguments to them by referencing the relevant (ID) columns). This new column can then be expanded and will thereby return all entries of all function calls.

Imke Feldmann
    MVP Data Platform
    TheBIccountant.com

Saturday, April 22, 2017 5:27 AM