Excel attachment does not scroll in Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• hi Guys, so - when I open the Excel attachment in Outlook 2016 (excel 2016 also installed) I can navigate the document only with scroll bars and up/down arrows but mouse scroll is stuck. 

No errors or so.

Scroll lock is off or on - same result. 

Any ideas or experience with this? 

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Artur,

Does the issue happen to all Office attachments in Outlook?

I suggest you can try to save this attachment to local machine, then open it within Office application. Check if you can use the mouse scroll to view it. 

If the issue only happens when you preview attachments in Outlook, I suggest you can try the following steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Collect the detailed Outlook version in your scenario: in Outlook 2016, click File > Account > About Outlook.
    2. Install latest updates for Windows. If you are using Windows 10, try to install the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    3. Install latest updates for Office 2016:
      If you are using volume licensed MSI version of Office 2016, try to download and install updates from: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/office-updates-msi#office-2016-updates
      If you are using click-to-run version of Office, please open Word 2016, click File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
    4. Start Outlook in safe mode to check if the issue can be reproduced: Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Outlook /safe, press Enter.

Any updates in your side, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the issue?

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 10:32 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Thursday, September 6, 2018 9:38 AM