Bing Bar Autofill RRS feed

• Question

• I love the speed and efficiency of the new IE9 Browser, But I REALLY MISS my Bing Bar Autofill Feature! Internet Explorer is the only Browser that I like to use, and I became very used to having that handy feature. I absolutely dislike having to type out everything every time a form comes up, I suck at typing, and having to fill out mundane info every time is annoying and tedious. I hope you guys will consider adding it back to the Bing Bar in the future.
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry to say the Autofill Feature is only available in old Bing Bar version. I agree it is a useful feature to fill out the forms on website. If you have any feedback about the new Bing Bar, you can click the setting button on the right side of the Bing Bar, click About and send the feedback.

Also, you can contact Bing Bar support to submit your requirement.

https://support.discoverbing.com/Default.aspx?&st=1&wfxredirect=1

Meanwhile, we will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team will take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:17 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:43 AM

All replies

• I second the motion. I used the feature quite often. Unless I see this feature return to Bing I am looking for an alternative. The Google Bar has a similar feature so I am considering that. I believe there are other form filler out there that may be even more robust but I think the Google Bar is worth a shot. MS blew it on leaving this feature out.
    • Unmarked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:23 AM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 10:00 PM
  • I also support the motion. I wonder how could the autofill featured has skipped out of the Bing Bar designers mind? I like to use Bing Bar only but if it doesn't make my life easier and save me time filling out those annoying forms, I will have to go for the Google Tool Bar which I dislike for being privacy intruding as any other Google product. Microsoft should get rid of the individual that proposed to keep the autofill featured off the Bar. 
    • Unmarked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:23 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 5:06 PM
  • Hi,

I am sorry to say the Autofill Feature is only available in old Bing Bar version. I agree it is a useful feature to fill out the forms on website. If you have any feedback about the new Bing Bar, you can click the setting button on the right side of the Bing Bar, click About and send the feedback.

Also, you can contact Bing Bar support to submit your requirement.

https://support.discoverbing.com/Default.aspx?&st=1&wfxredirect=1

Meanwhile, we will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team will take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:43 AM
  • Autofill is one of the most useful features on any toolbar. I cannot understand why it as been omitted,
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 5:14 PM
  • 100% agree! Bring it back MS......

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:35 AM
  • I TO USED THIS FEATURE AND AM NOW GOINGTO GOOGLE TOOL BAR TO USE THE AUTO FILL THEY SUPPLY, I WOULD LIKE TO STAY WITH BING.

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:11 PM