Outlook 2007 Out of Office does not work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Our local network uses Exchange Server 2008 and has clients connected with Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010. Recently one of the users reported that Outlook 2007 cannot access the Out Of Office function. When he tries Outlook reports that the server is unavailable. I confirmed this on 2 machines which use Outlook 2007. I also tested on 2 machines using Outlook 2010 and they do not have the problem. Per a ms support kb article, I tried using a new Outlook profile for one of the Outlook 2007 machines and it made no difference. I am able to use the Out of Office feature when using Outlook Web Access for the machines which use Outlook 2007. Due to this I’m pretty sure the issue is Outlook 2007. The machines are current for Windows and Office updates. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thank you,

Thursday, December 11, 2014 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hello.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Is this posted in the wrong forum?

Thank you.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:08 PM
  • I believe you mean Exchange 2007.

OWA is a completely separate mechanism to access the Out Of Office service. Not relevant.

Check your AutoDiscover for your OOF address, with that address attempt to connect to that address via client machine, you should get an XML return. If no return or error message, move forward from there.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:24 PM