Windows 7 thinks I have dual display but I don't RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I restart my PC, the mouse cursor movement is not bounded by the right hand side of the screen. If I go to Display settings, resolution, it shows me that I have 2 monitors, but I only have the one. Choosing "Detect" sets it back to one monitor and the cursor behaves correctly. However, next time I reboot, it reverts to the dual-monitor display settings and I have to go back and do it again.

Can anyone tell me how to make it detect the monitor correctly on start-up?

I have a Samsung T240 display, and an ATI Radeon HD4800 graphics card, on a Dell XPS. I don't seem to have an ATI control panel on the PC.
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 5:19 PM

Answers

• Moods18,

The Catalyst Control Center provided with the ATi Windows 7 drivers has been very stable for me - I'd recommend installing it, and seeing if it solves your problem.
    -Alex
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 7:09 PM

All replies

• Moods18,

The Catalyst Control Center provided with the ATi Windows 7 drivers has been very stable for me - I'd recommend installing it, and seeing if it solves your problem.
    -Alex
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 7:09 PM
  • Hi Moods

Alex is correct.

This behavior has been noted before with some of the later ATI graphics cards.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 10:22 PM
  • Yes, thank you, the latest Windows 7 driver package fixed it. Thanks to both of you.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 4:30 PM