Skype Room Systems on Lenovo ThinkSmart Hub 500 RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed a Lenovo ThinkSmart Hub 500 and I have a few questions:

Licence: I use the new "Meeting Room" licence on Office 365

1- When I start a new meeting on the device directly, if I invite only one person via a phone number using the "URL" button, the meetings ends immediately. I have to invite at least 2 persons for the meeting to start. Is this a normal behavior ?

2- When a meeting is already under way, it seems like I can't invite/add external guests (via phone number or email). I can only invite/add people from the internal organization (Office 365 users). If I manage the meeting from Teams, I can invite an external guest without issue. Is this normal ?

3- Here is a tricky one (not related to Lenovo but more to Teams): When creating a Teams meeting from Outlook or Teams, if the person does not have the Audio Conference licence (or Meeting Room), there is no info about the audio conference in the meetings details (ex: phone number and conference ID). I know that this normal but I'd like to know is there a way to create the meeting "on behalf" of someone who has the licence ? Only the conference room user has a licence, so I want to avoid paying an extra "Meeting Room" licence to other users.

Monday, February 4, 2019 8:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Chrischevy,

1. It seems this is a default behavior that you need to invite at least two persons for the meetings.

2. Based on my research, Skype Room System relies on the Join Skype for Business Meeting link in the calendar meeting request. The join link is usually found in the body of a meeting request. You could refer to the following official document to find the details: Skype Room System and Skype for Business federated partners. it seems this is a default behavior. You could also refer to this case to do references: SRS V2 externally hosted meetings

3. It is not supported to create a meeting with the users who do not have the license, even through they are on behalf of someone who has the license.

In addition, you could refer to the following document to find more details about SRS: Skype Room Systems version 2 help, Known issues. You could also confirm those with your device provider. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chrischevy Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:23 PM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Chrischevy,

1. It seems this is a default behavior that you need to invite at least two persons for the meetings.

2. Based on my research, Skype Room System relies on the Join Skype for Business Meeting link in the calendar meeting request. The join link is usually found in the body of a meeting request. You could refer to the following official document to find the details: Skype Room System and Skype for Business federated partners. it seems this is a default behavior. You could also refer to this case to do references: SRS V2 externally hosted meetings

3. It is not supported to create a meeting with the users who do not have the license, even through they are on behalf of someone who has the license.

In addition, you could refer to the following document to find more details about SRS: Skype Room Systems version 2 help, Known issues. You could also confirm those with your device provider. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chrischevy Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:23 PM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:27 AM
  • Hi Chrischevy,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:42 AM