none
Authentication notifications make no sound/vibration (watch or phone) RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate to my work account. It works great, with one problem -- when the notifications come in, they make no sound, no vibration. This is true whether I am wearing my Apple Watch and the notification presents itself on the Apple Watch, or whether I am not wearing my Apple Watch and the notification presents itself on my iPhone. I have checked for notification settings in the iOS Microsoft Authenticator app itself and can find none; I have checked the app's notification setting in the iOS Settings app and Sounds are enabled -- I have even tried toggling Sounds off and back on, and it has made no difference.

Both my iPhone (when used without my Apple Watch) and my Apple Watch are alerting me with sounds and vibrations for all other notifications I receive. It is only Microsoft Authenticator authentication requests that are giving me no sound, no vibration.

So, while I definitely appreciate the ease of authentication when I am watching for it, I miss authentication requests when they come in while I am busy and then I stop getting Outlook email, etc.

Please help.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 3:03 PM