Unable to minimize/restore with multiple windows open - Blinking taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever IU have multiple windows open and neither is minimized, clicking the icon on the taskbar no longer restores that window. For example, I have IE and iTunes open and maximized, with IE on top. When i click on the taskbar icon for iTunes, it should restore the iTunes window, bringing it in front of IE, but it doesn't. The iTunes icon simply starts blinking until click on the window itself (which i have to press windows+tab to get to). This is a very annoying problem when i have very many windows open, and i would be very thankful for anyone who can help me with this problem.
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to login with Clean Boot or Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs.

It’s possible that the conflict with software. Also try to temporally disable Aero Peek on taskbar, or you can change another theme for test.

Hope it works.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, November 2, 2010 7:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, November 3, 2010 2:26 AM
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:11 AM