S4B Offline Messages with Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    Has work S4B offline messages with Exchange 2010?
    In blog https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/33839.skype-for-business-leave-messages-offline.aspx  says: If the version of exchange is 2010 then we do not have this option to store this archiving data on the Exchange.
    In this scenario the data will be stored in the Archiving SQL server database.

I installed and configured the archive database, all messages will appear in the SQL, configure settings EnableIMAutoArchiving, EnableOfflineIM. When sending messages to offline contact, sender receives an error that the contact is offline. The archive database has this message, but it does not appear in the contact conversation folder after signing.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:11 PM

Answers

• I dont think so, it need Exchange 2013 or latest.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:17 PM

All replies

• Offline messaging is now available after you install the June 2016 cumulative update 6.0.9319.259. This feature is enabled by default if EnableIMAutoArchiving is enabled.

Enable Offline Instant Messaging (IM) in Skype for Business Server 2015

Offline IM is a client side feature built into Skype for Business client (2016 C2R build 16.0.6701.1000 or higher) that leverages Exchange Web Services (EWS) to send messages from the Skype for Business client to a user’s Exchange mailbox. Offline IM uses Exchange Web Services (EWS) to send Offline messages from the Skype for Business client to the mailbox of recipient. EWS must be available to the Skype for Business client for Offline messages to be sent. To learn more about planning for instant messaging and presence, see Plan for instant messaging and presence in Skype for 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt756734.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:38 PM
  • I saw it. There's nothing about the version Exchange. Will Offline messages work with Excange 2010?
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:03 AM
  • I dont think so, it need Exchange 2013 or latest.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:17 PM