none
FQL Syntax for removing BCS empty results RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

AFAIK when crawling using a BCS model, two entries are made to the index per model, my guess is one for the "connection open" and another for "connection closed".

I tried to remove them using crawl exclude rules, but that prevented the entire BCS from being indexed.

Instead, I remove the results on the query side using the following FQL synatx:

ANDNOT(urls:starts-with("bdc3") ANDNOT urls:"s_id")

I hope you'll find it useful.

Amir

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Amir,

Am new to FAST Search and SharePoint Search. I need to crawl a database table that has URL (/pages/default.aspx)and keywords columns along with some other description columns. when user keys in a keyword I would like to fetch it's corresponding description along with the URL appearing as a link http://sitename:port/sites/pages/default.aspx. Currently it is appearing as bdc://, how can reformat this?
    Please share any sample code if you have.

What is this Fast Query Language? I would need some links on it too. Understand it is for applying AND, OR conditions but where should it be written and where would the changes be reflected..

Please guide.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 3:24 AM
  • Hi,

is this really confirmed that these two technical items have to be in the index and that there is no way of removing them? 
    We have seen them polluting our index as well and are looking for a way to get rid of them. Having a filter to the query added for sure has some downsides in terms of query processing performance.

Anybody from the MS product team around who can confirm that these two technical items *must* be and stay in the index?

Thursday, September 6, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hi Christian,

I can't confirm it, I'm just saying I haven't found a way to do so :)

I agree that the solving it from the indexing side is the smarter way and hopefully someone from Microsoft will solve this.

Amir

Thursday, September 6, 2012 7:00 AM
  • Hi Cutloo.

This will require a manual change to the BCS model, as described in the following paragraph:

http://books.google.co.il/books?id=w1ux9qWVjaQC&pg=PT317&lpg=PT317&dq=DisplayURIField+bcs&source=bl&ots=mVD9U_1ugr&sig=c1qk0Ii14r0EtLXkutfhntjO0KU&hl=en&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=DisplayURIField%20bcs&f=false

I really recommend purchasing and reading the entire book. It really clears a lot of things related to BCS and FAST.

Amir

Thursday, September 6, 2012 7:03 AM