Status "in a meeting" translated to "do not disturb" for federated contacts RRS feed

• Question

• In my skype for business account, status "in a meeting" is set when I have a meeting in my calendar. Until here that's fine.

However my federated contacts (like "normal" skype users with a Microsoft account) see my status as "do not disturb".

Is this "work as designed" or is this a bug because there is a difference between the two statuses.

thanks for your help

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It is by design. 

When the presence status on SFB client change to busy\in a meeting\in a conferencing call, the presence status of this SFB account on the Skype client is "do not disturb". However, the Skype client user could still IM\A\V with this SFB users. It is just seems like the "do not disturb" but not it.

If the SFB user set "do not disturb", then nobody could contact to him. 

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, May 16, 2016 1:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Saturday, May 21, 2016 9:47 AM
    Sunday, May 15, 2016 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is by design. 

When the presence status on SFB client change to busy\in a meeting\in a conferencing call, the presence status of this SFB account on the Skype client is "do not disturb". However, the Skype client user could still IM\A\V with this SFB users. It is just seems like the "do not disturb" but not it.

If the SFB user set "do not disturb", then nobody could contact to him. 

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, May 16, 2016 1:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Saturday, May 21, 2016 9:47 AM
    Sunday, May 15, 2016 12:50 PM
  • Default should be busy when in conference or meeting. When busy status, message can still be sent and if do not disturb it shouldn't be possible to send messages. In latest SFB client, an e-mail will be sent to user instead of IM when precense is do not disturb.

This is what I tested with SFB enterprise and Skype end user. Where SFB enterprise user was in meeting

In what group did you add this contact (Work,friends,external)? This could also impact status.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Control-access-to-your-presence-information-fea86e34-60cf-4dd0-bfb2-169a42afd92c

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Edited by Off2work Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:21 PM Edit
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:20 PM