none
Proclarity Analytics Server Page - Try's to open Web Standard instead of Professional Causes Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had the same problem when pointing at Pas throught the browser, but once I changed the drop down to  Professional to Standard all was good. However When I am using the Pas page from  PPS.  I am getting the same error. Which I proved by   passing the parameters in the Url like so. http://myserver:81/pas/en/src/proclarity.asp?uiConfig=tb;ht;fs

Your request could not be completed.

Please try the following:

• Click the  Back button to try again.

Thanks,

Larry

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• A little confused maybe.  Are you saying that when you changed the drop down from Professional to Standard the ProClarity View works fine?  Does the ProClarity view display at all in a PPS dashboard?

Can you provide some details as to the type of PAS view you have created and how it is setup?

What version of ProClarity are you running and what is the build number?

Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:49 PM
  • Does the user who is trying to access PAS is given permission on PAS server?
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:50 PM
  • Dan,

The view will only display in PPS after it initially fails, Meaning when I get the error message, I can then click the open web professional so I guess it really isn't opening in PPS, it is just opening in the web professional.

This behavior is identicial to running from Pas (http://myserver:81/pas), I change standard to professional  and then click my library and  open  the report and it is ok. PAS from PPS doesn't give a standard / professional option.

The PAS build is 6.3.129.200  from the administration console,

Proclarity in a browser says 6.3.2222.144 in bottom left

here is what I installed:

en_proclarity_analytics_server_6.3_cd_X12-96465.iso     size 655,028

with  hotfix

ProClarityPAS_SP3     size 16,258 KB

Thanks,

Larry

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:24 PM
  • Yes. Remember proclarity is working from PAS, the problem is when going through PPS. We are using Kerberos and it is working correctly from proclarity and PPS, we tested it and can see different info on reports based on the cube security.Thanks,

Larry

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:29 PM
  • So it is just one view that isn't working then? From the sounds of it you have it working with other Views since you said Kerberos is configured properly. That was going to be my next question.  You said it won't work in the thin client, but does work in Professional (desktop client).  Those are two different applications and connect differently.  I would double-check and run a Profiler Trace with the standard to verify that the credentials are being passed properly.  If it works in Pro, then that would tell me that there is an issue with the credentials being passed for standard. 

SP3 is the latest version (6.3.2222.144) - ProClarity 6.3 Service Pack 3 Available , Updated ProClarity 6.3 SP3 Requirements

Dan English's BI Blog
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:43 AM
  • Dan,

I think there is a misunderstanding, Proclarity Analytics server page from pps never renders any reports at any time. Only if you click the open web professional after the report fails it will open. What I think that is happening behind the scenes is that the Proclarity Analytics server page  is trying to open reports in web standard instead of web professional and that is the problem.

Thanks,

Larry

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:46 PM
  •  Dan the problem is an AES decryption defect in Kerberos.

Found it here

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/proclarity/thread/21aabfdd-ffe6-4633-86a4-a772049f509b

Applied the Hotfix and it is working correctly.

• Marked as answer by LarryBiStack Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:39 PM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:39 PM
  • Funny, well not really I guess.  But you are correct.  I should have asked what OS you were using.

"One thing to be aware of if you are planning on going with Windows Server 2008, which should be fixed next month, is the following - Windows Server 2008 Kerberos Bug – Transport Connection Issues with SSAS data and Errors may occur after configuring Analysis Services to use Kerberos authentication on Advanced Encryption Standard Aware Operating Systems. "

Dan English's BI Blog
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:45 PM