Chinese Language Pack will not play prompts or greetings - begins recording voicemail immediately RRS feed

• Question

• We have installed Exchange 2013 Sp1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 (in a production and and in a test environment) and in both environments the Chinese greetings do not play. If the access number is dialed it drops the call. If a user's extension is dialed - it goes immediately into the recording the greeting without playing the "please leave a message for".

I have an open support case with Microsoft and they say it is a SIP issue.

The problem I have is that I can't get any of the 3 flavors of Chinese to work (CN, TW or HK) but I can get other languages, KR, ES, PT to play just fine. Why would this be a SIP issue?

Anyone else get a Chinese Language pack working?

Thanks!

Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:52 PM

Answers

• So it is resolved. The problem was 2 missing dll files in Windows Server 2012 R2.

This was the fix.

Copy below files from either a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 to the same location on the Exchange Server running on Server 2012 R2

C:\Windows\System32\chsbrkr.dll

C:\Windows\System32\chtbrkr.dll

Thursday, February 5, 2015 4:34 PM

All replies

• So a little more detail. In troubleshooting this and working with Microsoft Tech Support - we have learned that the Language Packs for Chinese work if Exchange 2013 is installed on Server 2008 R2. They do not work if they are installed on Server 2012 R2. 

Has anyone else seen this issue?

We are waiting to hear back about a hotfix.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:10 PM
  • So it is resolved. The problem was 2 missing dll files in Windows Server 2012 R2.

This was the fix.

Copy below files from either a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 to the same location on the Exchange Server running on Server 2012 R2

C:\Windows\System32\chsbrkr.dll

C:\Windows\System32\chtbrkr.dll

Thursday, February 5, 2015 4:34 PM