none
WEB Site Stole our Internal DNS A record RRS feed

• Question

• My company decided to change our existing website (which was offsite) to weebly. They requested I change my A record with network solutions for the following 3 entries. 

www            to their ipaddress 199.34.*.*

@(none)       to their ipaddress 199.34.*.*

*(All Others) to their ipaddress 199.34.*.*

The next day I found all my inside computers are resolving to this address. In othere words - Our local DNS is fishbait.com and is on an internal ip address of 192.168.10.27. This is a 2012 windows file server  also setup with DNS. 

Now any pc with an external dns 75.75.75.75 which reqeust a resolution for a inside server is responded with the 199.34.*.* instead of the internal ip. Example ping engineering  comes back with 199.34.*.* instead of 192.168.10.19  

I have removed the 75.75.75.75 which allows everything to work perfectly but then they loose internet access.

Am I to understand I can not use fishbait as my AD DNS and use www.fishbait.com as a website for weebly? 

Thanks John

Thursday, January 4, 2018 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my understanding, your internal DNS is 192.168.10.27.

What is the device  (192.168.10.19)for?

>>I have removed the 75.75.75.75 which allows everything to work perfectly but then they loose internet access.

If your clients' dns  point to 192.168.10.27 after removing 75.75.75.75, I suggest you add a forwarder in your internal DNS Server.

More information about DNS forwarder ,please refer to it.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754941(v=ws.11).aspx

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 5, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 8, 2018 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:22 AM