none
Issue with Lenovo T440 windows 7 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• We have recently got a new laptop the Lenovo T440. I imported the drivers into the deployment share. I also put storage and network drivers in WinPE folder. Once i boot to the PXE and select x64 it loads in to PE and gives an error saying that "the following network device did not have a driver installed. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_155A&SUBSYS_221417AA&REV_04." It allows me to retry or cancel. I have booted it to windows found what driver it uses which is a e1d62x64. I have made sure that that driver was in the WinPE folder but it still isnt working i have even made it pull drivers only from a folder i created with only the t440 drivers. But that didn't work either. I am using PE version 3 (Windows 7) and all drivers i have installed are for Windows 7. If any one could help me with this issue that would be so awesome. I want to get this to work due to us more then likely getting more T440s. The networking hardware is a I218-LM if anyone needs to know that too.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:48 PM

Answers

• So we just got the t440s's here as well.  We faced a different issue, as the drivers being in the "general" store caused other models to blue screen.

I've got them working now, what I had to do with them is create a custom variable in the customsettings.ini called customdrivers set to no.  If it detects the model, set the variable to t440. 

In the drivers, I have the t440 in their own folder(downloaded the sccm package from lenovo), and all of the others in a folder called general(no conflicts with any other device).  Under advanced configuration, I have two selection profiles as of now, General, and T440.

In the task sequence, with the inject drivers, I have two inject drivers task.  The first one, which under options, looks for the variable customdrivers to be set to t440, if it isn't it will move on.  If it is found, it will install only drivers from the T440 Selection profile.

The second one, under options, will only run of customvariables is no.  This uses the general selection profiles.

Neither of these is set to All Drivers.

I know this is not your issue, but these were the steps taken to get the t440's successfully running here, and hopefully similar steps may resolve the issue you are having.

Best of luck.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:20 PM

All replies

• Download the drivers from here : http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS038146

And create a new deployment share, with drivers for t440 only. Sometime, there are failures due to driver conflicts.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:10 PM
  • Thats where i got the drivers from. I have tried creating a new share still got the error with only T440 drivers. I'm thinking it has to do with either the driver not liking PE3.0 or the driver its self. Any other ideas?
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:25 PM
  • So we just got the t440s's here as well.  We faced a different issue, as the drivers being in the "general" store caused other models to blue screen.

I've got them working now, what I had to do with them is create a custom variable in the customsettings.ini called customdrivers set to no.  If it detects the model, set the variable to t440. 

In the drivers, I have the t440 in their own folder(downloaded the sccm package from lenovo), and all of the others in a folder called general(no conflicts with any other device).  Under advanced configuration, I have two selection profiles as of now, General, and T440.

In the task sequence, with the inject drivers, I have two inject drivers task.  The first one, which under options, looks for the variable customdrivers to be set to t440, if it isn't it will move on.  If it is found, it will install only drivers from the T440 Selection profile.

The second one, under options, will only run of customvariables is no.  This uses the general selection profiles.

Neither of these is set to All Drivers.

I know this is not your issue, but these were the steps taken to get the t440's successfully running here, and hopefully similar steps may resolve the issue you are having.

Best of luck.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:20 PM
  • Dont forget to update the deploymentshare and WDS after updating PE drivers :)

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 20, 2014 9:39 AM
  • On searching "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_155A&SUBSYS_221417AA&REV_04" in the OOB drivers folder, so you see any search results? Any files that contain this string?

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 20, 2014 1:13 PM
  • Hey guys,

We had the exact same problem.  We are using SCCM Task Sequence boot media.  I spent several days on this.  The problem is as you stated, the WIN 7 driver listed as I217-LM doesn't work. I went and downloaded the driver from Lenovo directly and imported only the nic drivers into SCCM.  So I can see them all.  I also made sure  I had to add the I217-LM driver that was specifically for Windows 8.   I added both the WIN 7 driver and the WIN 8 driver with both showing I217-LM to the  boot image.  The version I used is 12.6.51.9427.   So it showed 2 Intel Ethernet connection I217-LMs.  That actually worked.   I'm doing further testing, but so far so good.  I was also able to keep my driver for my T430s as well.  

*The T440 SCCM Win 7 driver package does not contain that driver that you need.  You have to download it separately.

• Edited by dc740 Monday, February 10, 2014 5:14 PM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 4:15 PM
  • Hey,

i had the same issue...

I downloaded the driver seperately too, and removed the iusb3hcs.inf from the WDS (2012) driver package. Because after the first reboot after the installation i received a BSOD. Now it's fixed.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:07 PM