beep RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys my Compacq Presario cq 60 laptop wont start and beeps alot . The only way i get it to start is by pressing the escape key and then the loud beeping stops and windows starts to load. I tried memory test and hard drive test ( i even took them out and blowed them ) , i replaced the Cmos Battery as well and still nothing. I even defragmented the hard drive . plzzz help me !!!
    Monday, June 3, 2013 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Beeping noises are hardware related errors. I suggest you bring the laptop to your local repair shop.

Please bear in mind, that my answer is based on the details given in your post. The more I get the better the answer, Slan go foill, Paul

Monday, June 3, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Hardware problem?? although I press escape and my pc boots right away without no more beeps.

Monday, June 3, 2013 11:05 AM
  • Hi,

The beeping noise sounds like a keyboard fault, you might need to change the keyboard.

Please bear in mind, that my answer is based on the details given in your post. The more I get the better the answer, Slan go foill, Paul

Monday, June 3, 2013 12:46 PM
  • Don't you think if I was a keyboard problem my typing would be bad here or even if I opened Microsoft words to type? Is there any software or anything to test the keyboard ?
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:35 AM
  • It is also due to a setting in the BIOS for POST at boot. Once the test completes, the PC beeps to for the user to press any key to continue (the computer hardware components details may be displayed at that time). Make sure BIOS settings are clear in this regard.

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:22 PM
  • Hi v1mal

From your description, I would venture that you have a hardware fault that is being detected by your BIOS. It isn't serious enough to prevent boot, but it is a problem.

First, unplug every external device and see if the problem goes away. if not then continue looking.

Open the case and reseat the RAM, HDD's, fans, etc (be careful about Static)

if not, remove a RAM chip and try again, keep doing this for the other RAM chip(replacing the first pulled one), and other devices.

If there is no use above, Please contact the manufacture of your computer for more help.

• Edited by Roger Lu Friday, June 7, 2013 3:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by For One Piece Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:24 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:45 AM
  • I updated my bios two days now and its the same problem . how to I edit the bios to make it stop beep?
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:08 PM
  • thanks!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:09 PM