none
Actual Cost values not the same in Project Professional and PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

We are facing an issue where the Actual cost in PWA is more than the Actual cost in Project Professional. We had tried publishing the project at that time values are equal after a day again the value differs.

Request you to throw some light on the above issue.

Thanks

Geeth If you feel that the answer which i gave you is Helpful please select it as Answer/helpful.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Geetha,

It is happening for just one unique project? When you mention PWA, where exactly are you looking at the actuals?

I'm actually thinking about a sync issue between the data bases. Have you tried to delete the published version on the project and published it again?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:56 AM
  • Hi Geetha,

Another thing to look into is if the project manager has any rules defined to automatically approve the task updates. In that case if the resource submits an update, it will be automatically approved in included in the draft version of the project plan

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:56 PM
  • Firstly, which version are you using? Next, how much variance are you seeing?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, May 8, 2015 11:44 AM
  • Hi 

We are using Project server 2010 with service pack 2--- June 2014 CU and Project Professional 2010.

Variance is 41236 $ in MSp and 43987$ in PWA.

I have verified that there are no auto approval predefined.

Thanks

Geeth If you feel that the answer which i gave you is Helpful please select it as Answer/helpful.

Friday, May 15, 2015 6:23 PM