none
My files are getting deleted automatically. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

please please help me out.

I m using windows server 2008 R2. The D drive is being shared over the network. The files are getting automatically deleted everyday or the same day either. i have got kaspersky endpoint security as well. 

how to fix this issue ??? 

please help guys.......plz help,,,,,,,,thanks a lot :)

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can get them back by using the 3rd party software like Power Data Recovery.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:41 AM
  • thank you very much for your kind reply.

Like u have said, i have to use 3rd party software every morning to recover those files.

Jus wanted to know y those files are getting deleted automatically,,,,??? is there any permanent solution for this ???

thanks man :)

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:31 AM
  • Seems like you have set permissions to everyone full control, if yes than this is bad practice.

Check folder and file permissions - Give access to required people - set up NTFS permissions.

Make sure Antivirus is not qurantine your files suspecting as virus infected files.

Enable file auditing on the folder for the servers - Follow this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771070.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,

James

Cheers, J

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

Generally files will not be automatically deleted - unless caused by some application such as security programs, or deleted by users.

You could try to set Audit to see if anything helpful like James mentioned above.

One more thread related to setup Audit: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverfiles/thread/da689e43-d51d-4005-bc48-26d3c387e859

If you have any feedback on our support, please send to tnfsl@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Hi,What was the actual fix?

I get the same issue with Server 2003.  All files on the share are being deleted by different PCs at different times.  I have Kaspersky Endpoint security but there are no files in quarantine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:22 AM