How to oberserve cusotmer what they are doing after they opened WORD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys, if customers can connect internet ,after they opened WORD file , we can overserve what they are doing? just for my customer to survey the solution, who is a reporting service vendor .

Thanks in advance.

Juntao

• Moved by Chenchen Li Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:10 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:01 AM

Answers

• I am unaware of any feature in Word that would provide for this.

Frankly, I hope that there is not. I would consider it malware.

You can set a document to track changes and lock that in with a password. If they send it back you can observe what was changed. You cannot tell how these changes were made nor in what order they were made.

Techsmith's Snagit would allow them to make a video of what they are doing on screen. There are other products out there that let you observe someone's screen real time after they log you in.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum(Word for Developers) is for developer discussions and questions involving Microsoft Word, like developing issues related with Word Object model.

Since your issue is more related to Word Product, I would move this thread into the following forum

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=word

Regards,

Celeste

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:09 AM
  • I am unaware of any feature in Word that would provide for this.

Frankly, I hope that there is not. I would consider it malware.

You can set a document to track changes and lock that in with a password. If they send it back you can observe what was changed. You cannot tell how these changes were made nor in what order they were made.

Techsmith's Snagit would allow them to make a video of what they are doing on screen. There are other products out there that let you observe someone's screen real time after they log you in.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:02 PM