Corrupt setup files for AppV 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

So I've just downloaded Appv5 RTM, however, I mount the ISO, attempt to run APPV_SERVER_SETUP.exe and I'm presented with 'The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable'.  So to see if this was a one-off, I downloaded the ISO again, same error.  I expand the ISO to another location, with the same results.  The only .exe usable on this ISO is for the client.

Anyone else experience this?

Cheers

Monday, November 12, 2012 11:40 PM

Answers

• Use it from MDOP 2012 on vlsc, it is not corrupted

mauro.marazzi @ omnicommediagroup.com

• Edited by Mauro Marazzi Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:08 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried downloading it on a different computer?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

I am getting the same issue too, downloaded it on 3 different computers and they are all corrupt. I was able to install the Appv 5.0 Server and Sequencer from the Appv RDS ISO as they appear to be the same. However, when I install the client from the Appv Desktop ISO I get an error in the install menu saying "setup failed while installing the MSIs. Unspecified error". So although the client appears to run initially, it may also be corrupt!

Cheers.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:34 AM
  • What about download from a different Internet connection completely?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:49 AM
  • I've tried a different PC's, different browsers, using the download manager, and tried from a different connection - all with the same result! Called Microsoft and they are looking into it.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:48 PM
  • Hi,

I am getting the same issue too, downloaded it on 3 different computers and they are all corrupt. I was able to install the Appv 5.0 Server and Sequencer from the Appv RDS ISO as they appear to be the same. However, when I install the client from the Appv Desktop ISO I get an error in the install menu saying "setup failed while installing the MSIs. Unspecified error". So although the client appears to run initially, it may also be corrupt!

Cheers.

Same deal here...I was able to install the Management Server component via the RDS ISO.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:58 PM
  • Where are you downloading the media from specifically?  I will investigate.

Steve Bucci Microsoft

Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:44 PM
  • https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx
    • Edited by Stan_S Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:49 PM URL
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:43 PM
  • Thanks, Ssvetec

Steve Bucci Microsoft

Friday, November 16, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Use it from MDOP 2012 on vlsc, it is not corrupted

mauro.marazzi @ omnicommediagroup.com

• Edited by Mauro Marazzi Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:08 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:49 AM
  • This worked for me.  I even called Microsoft and they were going to send me the media for free, but they don't have it yet.

Monday, December 3, 2012 8:30 PM