none
error while importing data from excel using sql server import and export wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

i ma getting the below error while importing data from sql server import and export wizard,could you please suggest me the solutions. do we need to install any driver ?? and also my file format is .xlsx and i am trying to change .xls also,but it does not worked for me.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 4:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• do we need to install any driver ??

Yes, the ACE data provider mentioned in the error message => Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable

When you are use 32 bit tools (the wizard started from SSMS is 32 bit), you have to install the 32 bit data provider, otherweise the 64 bit one.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 5:51 AM
  • Hi ds_999,

>> do we need to install any driver ?? 

Yes, as Olaf mentioned, you need to download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable(32bit or 64 bit).

In addition, SSMS is 32 bit tools, If your Office is 32 bit, you need to use the 32 bit SQL server import and export wizard( 32 bit version is opened by default). If your Office is 64 bit, you need to choose 64 bit SQL server import and export wizard from start menu like below screenshot.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:05 AM