SCSM 2012 - Self Service Portal installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am trying to update SCSM 2010 with 2012. So far I have successfully installed Database Server and Warehouse server, and now I am trying to install the self service portal but it is giving me an error saying "Setup has failed because of an unexpected error. Please review C:\..\SCSMSertupWizard01.log for more details.

Here are some extra information in relation to this upgrade.

I have got 3 separate servers for my SCSM 2010 application. One act as a warehouse database server. second server holds the Service Manger Database and the third one has got Self-service portal on it.

Now as I said earlier, I did not face any issue upgrading the first two servers (warehouse and Database) but the last one is proving very difficult to just even start with.

Here is some interesting thing that is happening while I am trying to install my self service portal.

When I run the SCSM 2012 setup on my web portal server (Server 3) I get a setup screen with following option

SCSM 2012-Setup option screen on Server 3(which holds SSP for SCSM 2010)

and as I said earlier when I click this Upgrade option it starts the "requirements check" and fails just there with an error message.

Now here is the interesting thing, when I run the SCSM 2012 setup on my server 2 ( which has now got Database Server 2012 installed in it) gives me following option screen.

SCSM 2012-Setup Option screen on Server 2(my DB server which has not been upgraded with SCSM 2012)

So when I select this option it starts to install Web content server and Sharepoint site server on my Database server. I do not want that. I want to have my web content server on Server 3 which already has  SSP 2010 on it. I have also installed Sharepoint 2010 on my third server.

What is the solution here?

Do I have to merge my Database and Web content server? is it some sort of untold requirement of SCSM 2012 upgrade?

Please help me here.

Svapnil

Sunday, April 7, 2013 11:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thx for this screenshots

Are you try to copy installation sources to the server and execute installation locally ?

Else you can try to unistall the old web portal (2010) and make a new install of the 2012 portal.

Best Regards Rémy BOVI

• Edited by BOVI Rémy Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Svapnil Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Svapnil Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Svapnil Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Actually I managed to rectify this issue.

I configured two self-signed certificates in IIS and assigned one to web content server and the other to sharepoint site and it worked.

Setup was successful. I still have to investigate whether the new portal site is working alright or not.

I will keep you posted on that.

But thanks a lot for you help throughout.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you post the content of SCSMSertupWizard01.log (with error) ?

Maybe you can try to unistall the old web portal (2010) and try a new install of the 2012 portal.

Best Regards Rémy BOVI

Monday, April 8, 2013 12:05 PM
  • Hi there,

thanks for the reply..

here is the screenshots of the log files.

Sorry all my 3 servers are on DMZ environment so it is bit hard for me to move files from virtual to live servers (Do not have enough permission level to do so!!)Log file part 1

Image No 2:

Logfile Screenshot 2

I hope this helps!!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:04 AM
  • And here is the last missing part of the log file.

logfile part 3

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:07 AM
  • Hi,

Thx for this screenshots

Are you try to copy installation sources to the server and execute installation locally ?

Else you can try to unistall the old web portal (2010) and make a new install of the 2012 portal.

Best Regards Rémy BOVI

• Edited by BOVI Rémy Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Svapnil Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Svapnil Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:54 PM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Hi Remy,

I uninstalled the SCSM 2010 SSP and now was able to get this far.

portal error

What is wrong here now!!!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

Can you post the content of SCSMSertupWizardXX.log  ??

Try to install web portal without SSL and after installation configure portal to use SSL, or if you use internal PKI when reissue new certificate with filled subject field only.

Best Regards Rémy BOVI

• Proposed as answer by BOVI Rémy Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:29 AM
  • Actually I managed to rectify this issue.

I configured two self-signed certificates in IIS and assigned one to web content server and the other to sharepoint site and it worked.

Setup was successful. I still have to investigate whether the new portal site is working alright or not.

I will keep you posted on that.

But thanks a lot for you help throughout.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:53 PM
  • how did you do that i am facing same error. But i am getting this while installation? so how can we install certificate? do you mean that do we have to create them on IIS manually and then intall or what kindly specify!!

Thanks,

Muhammad Saadullah Khan

• Edited by mksaad Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:38 AM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:25 AM
  • I get this error constantly and have adjusted permissions many times.  We are not even using SSL or certificates as it is all internal and for testing.  Cannot get by this error.  Some posts say to install SP Server 2010 SP1.  But we already have SharePoint Server SP2 installed
    Monday, September 8, 2014 5:45 PM