none
Fingerprint for a deleted/deactivated Azure account remains RRS feed

• Question

• I was referred by the Microsoft Community

"This question is outside the scope of this site (for consumers) and to be sure you get the best (and quickest) answer it should be asked either on Technet (for IT Pro's) or MSDN (for developers)"

I set up an Azure workplace account with fingerprint logon that I have deleted because my IT department had to setup yet another account to add my Surface Pro 3 to the domain (using Surface Pro 4 keyboard with fingerprint scanner-running Windows 10 Pro).

I want to use the same fingerprint for the new workplace account but I get "This fingerprint has already been set up on another account." I tried logging in on the "deactivated" but perhaps not deleted account but am told this account does not exist.

So...how do I delete the fingerprint? I'd be fine with deleting the fingerprint data file and starting over but I can't find it.

Saturday, February 6, 2016 9:42 AM

Answers

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter key.

Locate the Fingerprint Reader driver in Device Manager.

Right click on the Fingerprint Reader driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the system install the driver automatically on Start. You need to uninstall and reinstall Fingerprint Reader Software also.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

• Marked as answer by Twwphd Friday, February 12, 2016 10:16 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2016 10:32 AM
  • Hi,

From our experience and search, the following method may be helpful, please have a try.

If you could log in as the user, under Sign-in Options, you can remove all fingerprints. If the user is inaccessible, try deleting or renaming the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase\[GUID].DAT file and then restart the computer.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:26 AM

All replies

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter key.

Locate the Fingerprint Reader driver in Device Manager.

Right click on the Fingerprint Reader driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the system install the driver automatically on Start. You need to uninstall and reinstall Fingerprint Reader Software also.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Monday, February 8, 2016 10:32 AM
  • Hi,

From our experience and search, the following method may be helpful, please have a try.

If you could log in as the user, under Sign-in Options, you can remove all fingerprints. If the user is inaccessible, try deleting or renaming the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase\[GUID].DAT file and then restart the computer.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:26 AM
  • Thank you-your answer and the one that followed should give my IT guy enough to go on.Ted

Twwphd

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:18 AM
  • Thank you! This information combined with the Teemo's response should give my IT guy enough to go on to fix this issue...Ted

Twwphd

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:19 AM