Windows 10 1607 Machines not updating while logged off RRS feed

• Question

• I've been keeping tabs on the various WSUS and Windows 10 issues for awhile now. I just want the damn thing to work like Windows 7 did as I don't have time to dive into technical details on a re-designed WSUS.

Currently, my Windows 10 1607 machines that have patches approved and are logged off that just sit there doing nothing when they should be installing and rebooting overnight. When I check the WSUS console I can see the updates have statuses of downloaded but they are not being installed and rebooted as they were on Windows 7. Can anybody please point me in the right direction here? What am I missing?

Friday, October 28, 2016 10:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you check the Windows Updates settings in GPO for Windows 10.

You could run gpresult /h C:\gpreport.html as administrator to check the Windows Updates setting which the Windows 10 applied. And post the report to us for further research.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jay Gu Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:10 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 7, 2016 11:57 AM