none
Doubt About GPO - Security Zones

Question

• I have Windows Server 2008 R2 and GPOXX with settings about Security Zones and run normally.

I need create another GPOYY with settings about Security Zones different than GPOXX.

My doubt is: When I create GPOYY and my settings won't occur conflict in my GPOXX? I don't can problem in my environment production in my GPOXX.

Thanks a bunch!

Friday, December 26, 2014 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>My doubt is: When I create GPOYY and my settings won't occur conflict in my GPOXX?

As long as the settings we configure don't conflict with each other, there won't be conflict between GPOs. If the setting in GPOYY and GPOXX conflict with each other, saying we enable a setting in the former GPO and disable the same setting in the latter GPO, then there will be conflict and the GPO processed at last will be the winning GPO for applying the setting.

Regarding group policy precedence, the following article can be referred to for more information.

Group Policy processing and precedence

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785665(v=ws.10).aspx

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Monday, December 29, 2014 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>My doubt is: When I create GPOYY and my settings won't occur conflict in my GPOXX?

As long as the settings we configure don't conflict with each other, there won't be conflict between GPOs. If the setting in GPOYY and GPOXX conflict with each other, saying we enable a setting in the former GPO and disable the same setting in the latter GPO, then there will be conflict and the GPO processed at last will be the winning GPO for applying the setting.

Regarding group policy precedence, the following article can be referred to for more information.

Group Policy processing and precedence

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785665(v=ws.10).aspx

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Monday, December 29, 2014 6:06 AM
  • Thanks Frank !
    Monday, December 29, 2014 12:08 PM