Lync 2010, SnomOne as a Gateway, Lync Client does not ring - SIP URI Rewrite? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm just setting up a lab with

- Lync Server 2010 with Lync Clients --> Everything is OK, call from Lync to Lync is OK.

- SnomOne as a Gateway. One trunk to SIP Telephony provider, one with Lync.

- Calls from Lync client to PSTN are working OK, dialing rules, etc...

Bu i would like Lync Client to ring on incoming call, and be able to take the call. I've registered my SnomOne extension to Lync server (ie : http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_Communications_Server). When there is an incoming call to the extension, the SIP request is forwarded to SNOM, as i can confirm with Wireshark.

The INVITE part of the Sip message received by link is like +33323232323@lync.fqdn. There is no ringing on the phone, and i can not see any log of the incoming call.

On the user account, the +3323232323 is defined as the line number of the user.

Does Lync takes the +33232323 part to match the tel: of the user? If not , is there any way/need to rewrite ? Any log i could find?

Thanks a lot for any help you could provide.

Thanks a lot for any whel.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,nmzaurier,

Seems there is no normalization rule picked up by the incoming call,in order to normalize an incomming call  to match a users line URI  you need to use the "Global" Dial Plan,did you set the normalization rule and drop the + sign.

Hope this article can help you figure out the issue.

Also here is another thread for your reference.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ar/ocsvoice/thread/03b02181-4911-4f24-9a07-92604852e380

Regards,

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, January 6, 2012 2:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, January 6, 2012 2:30 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 7:20 AM

All replies

• well... After a sip trace on the server, i can find the following informations in the logs

TL_ERROR(TF_COMPONENT) [0]08F0.0CB8::12/29/2011-20:52:58.908.0000c03f ((Shared),SipStack.OnMessageReceived:sipstack.cs(1530))(0000000001A2CA96)Failed to process incoming message: Invalid Request/Response line :    at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Sip.ParserModule.ValidateIncomingMessage(SipMessage message)

Invite message is like : INVITE sip:+3323232323@lync.btw.local;transport=tcp; SIP/2.0

Any idead on what could be wrong ?

Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:56 PM
  • Hi

I dont have any ideas but i just want to tell you that i have this upp and running in my Lync training over at www.lynclab.org so it sure does work.

BTW i had some problems at first becouse i had not configured a "cost" in the Snom one. And i also had to remove the + sign so that Lync wont send it.

You can also check the logs in the snom and see what it says.

Best Regards // Tommy Clarke - Please follow me @ Blog
    and Twitter
    Friday, December 30, 2011 12:04 AM
  • Hi,nmzaurier,

Seems there is no normalization rule picked up by the incoming call,in order to normalize an incomming call  to match a users line URI  you need to use the "Global" Dial Plan,did you set the normalization rule and drop the + sign.

Hope this article can help you figure out the issue.

Also here is another thread for your reference.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ar/ocsvoice/thread/03b02181-4911-4f24-9a07-92604852e380

Regards,

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, January 6, 2012 2:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, January 6, 2012 2:30 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 7:20 AM