SCVMM 2008 R2 - Self Service Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

We have implemented SCVMM 2008 R2 within our organization on a single physical box for now that is also the library server.  We also installed the Self Service Portal for the purpose of building templated servers & clients that our employees will be able to stand up on demand and I have a few questions:

1) What is the best practice for building a template that can be used over and over without conflicts?

2) Is there a SCVMM 2008 R2 w/ SSP User Guide/Installation manual out there anywhere?

3) We have 3 Hyper-V hosts setup in a cluster with cluster shared volumes mounted, SCVMM recoqnizes everything perfectly, however I was curious to the logic around how the system determines where to place the newly created guest VM when created through SSP?  Is it based off of where the original VHD was created or off of current host utilization?

4) In SSP, I see a computers and library tab.  I have figured out how to get items to show up in the computers tab when I choose "new computer" and select one of the templates and create it, but I have so far failed to figure out the purpose and/or how to get items in the Library tab, help!

Thank you,

Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:10 PM

Answers

All replies