Problem with relogging RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have two small problems with Windows 7 Professional PL which really bug me. First is connected with logging second with languages. 

1) In my work I have to lock my computer whenever I leave my desk. To do so I use the key combination WindowsButton + L. It worked well on my last computer. I needed to input the password and I was back when I left it. Now whenever I type password I get error message that the password is incorrect. I have to press 'switch users' and then I can type password (despite the fact that it is the same user!) and return to work. WiFi needs to reconnect, the entire screen needs to reboot (same effect when you restart explorer.exe). I have only single user on that computer. It is hard to search for help, because in most cases topics refers to different issues. 

2) Once in a while I cannot type polish characters. No apparent reason. I can try to change keyboard and language to English and then back to Polish but it has no effect. Only after computer restart can I type polish chars. 

I know that those problems are not big ones. But nonetheless I have a new computer for fewer than a couple of days and it is already annoying me. Please if You have any clues how to work this let me know.

RymcymcymPL

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Fangzhou CHEN,

I have also went through that issue with no success. However I have finally found what is wrong with logging. IT was all a matter of language. Whenever I locked my computer my keyboard was switched to a different one. Therefore Z on a keyboard was changed to Y. It so happens that I have a Z in my password. That is why the problem occurred. 

Nonetheless it is now solved. Thank you for your time. 

Best,

RymcymcymPL

• Marked as answer by RymcymcymPL Monday, October 20, 2014 12:38 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi RymcymcymPL,

Please explain a bit about the following questions:
    1. Have you made any change before you meet this issue?
    2. Is this computer domain-joined?
    3. Can you switch to Polish language in Task Bar?

Please double check if you have input the error  password.

About the password issue, please refer to the following blog to check the credential provider.
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/ad/archive/2009/07/10/testing-a-credential-provider.aspx
    We could check the event viewer and see if there are any error log.

We could try to uninstall and reinstall the Polish language package and then check if this issue still exits.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 13, 2014 1:00 AM
  • Hi Fangzhou CHEN,

Thank you for your reply. In reference to your questions:

1. Have you made any change before you meet this issue?  

Not really. I have installed Sunrise Seven to have custom login screen and couple of additional features. I have however removed it. No effect. Unfortunately I did not change if logging worked before the installation.  

2. Is this computer domain-joined?

No, it is not.

3. Can you switch to Polish language in Task Bar?

Yes I can. It is already switched to Polish when I check it. Both keyboard and language. Nonetheless there are no polish special chars. I have talked this through within my work. It seems this problem is common and almost all users said that they needed to reboot to have the chars back. 

In the event log there is following error when logging. It is in Polish. I hope the translation is accurate. 

"Subskrybent powiadomień usługi winlogon <SessionEnv> był niedostępny i nie mógł obsłużyć zdarzenia powiadamiania.

Winlogon notification subscriber services <SessionEnv> was unavailable and could not handle the event notification."

I will go through the link you have provided. I will also try to reinstall Polish language pack and I will let you know. 

Best regards,

RymcymcymPL. 

• Edited by RymcymcymPL Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:27 AM
  • One more thing,

I do not know if it is important but when I press Windows + L  -> I see my user name with caption 'Locked' when I press switch user it is changed to logged in. Unfortunately I was not able to fix the issue with logging. Perhaps I will have to recover OS. 

RymcymcymPL

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:32 AM
  • Hi RymcymcymPL,

How about the language issue now?
    What is the error ID of the log?

As we got the event error “Winlogon notification subscriber services <SessionEnv> was unavailable and could not handle the event notification” about Winlogon, we could refer to the following thread similar to this issue.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/windows-7-the-winlogon-notification-subscriber/f6959291-8a72-47f6-8625-9a6df876fd03

Please check if we will meet the same issue after we create and logon as new accound.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 20, 2014 9:52 AM
  • Hi Fangzhou CHEN,

I have also went through that issue with no success. However I have finally found what is wrong with logging. IT was all a matter of language. Whenever I locked my computer my keyboard was switched to a different one. Therefore Z on a keyboard was changed to Y. It so happens that I have a Z in my password. That is why the problem occurred. 

Nonetheless it is now solved. Thank you for your time. 

Best,

RymcymcymPL

• Marked as answer by RymcymcymPL Monday, October 20, 2014 12:38 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 12:23 PM