Email Notifications with Proactive caching RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have schedule the Proactive Caching using SQL Server Notification type, and i was able to see the updated data in Reports. but i would like to send the email notification to the administrator if my cube process got failed through Proactive cahing due to some bad data entries...

Could any one help me out please

much appreciate

Regards,
    Gopal

Business intelligence
    Friday, June 12, 2009 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Gopal,

This is not a build-in function in Analysis Services. To achieve that, I think you should catch the proactive caching events first. There is useful information provided by Darren Gosbell. Use the first method mentioned in that thread: Using the ASTrace, then you need a SQLServerDatabase – the database that will hold the trace tables. Since you can store the information in one database, you can create data-driven subscription in Reporting Services. In this way, once the tables (hold the trace tables) updated with some error information, the RS service will send the e-mail to the administrator with a report.

Also, it’s simple to use data-driven subscription. To create a data-driven subscription, see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms169673.aspx

Hope this helps.

Raymond

Monday, June 15, 2009 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Gopal,

This is not a build-in function in Analysis Services. To achieve that, I think you should catch the proactive caching events first. There is useful information provided by Darren Gosbell. Use the first method mentioned in that thread: Using the ASTrace, then you need a SQLServerDatabase – the database that will hold the trace tables. Since you can store the information in one database, you can create data-driven subscription in Reporting Services. In this way, once the tables (hold the trace tables) updated with some error information, the RS service will send the e-mail to the administrator with a report.

Also, it’s simple to use data-driven subscription. To create a data-driven subscription, see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms169673.aspx

Hope this helps.

Raymond

Monday, June 15, 2009 6:58 AM

• Thank you so much Raymond....

It was very helpfull...

Regards,
    Gopal

Business intelligence
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 6:20 AM