none
One laptop is getting less than 14mbps on wifi and the other is getting 50 mbps +

Question

• Hi

I just bought a new laptop and Im having major problems getting it to connect to my home wifi. Elsewhere it is connecting fine and getting 50+ mbps but at home I cant seem to get it up past 20 mbps (if I'm lucky!)

My old laptop is running fine and getting good speeds so I don't understand what the problem is.

I've tried to forget it, restart and connect - doesn't work. I've played around with the properties as other threads suggested, I've ensured all drivers are up to date. 

I would understand if it's my computer, because it was very cheap and it's not great performance wise (fast, but just meant for school work) but when I'm in university, the speed is perfect. Easily 60+ mbps. And the wifi at home clearly works for my other laptop so why not the new one.

Anyone with any ideas, please help. I'm getting desperate!

Thanks

Monday, December 11, 2017 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Please check the wireless signal indicator, is it weak,or strong. If weak,i would suggest you move closer to your router and see if there's a difference in speed.
    If the signal is strong,and you'r still experiencing speed issues,connect directly to the modem and see if the problem persists.

Please check if the following link is helpful:

Top 10 Ways to Deal With a Slow Internet Connection

https://lifehacker.com/top-10-ways-to-deal-with-a-slow-internet-connection-514138634

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:42 AM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates?

Best Regards,

Candy

Friday, December 15, 2017 9:19 AM