Windows 7rc TaskBar pinned Icons Wigged out RRS feed

• Question

• I'm going to try and explain what just happen carefully The icons representing what was pinned in the taskbar changed

Example Internet Explorer E icon became Windows Live Mail icon
    Windows Live Mail Became the Windows explorer and so on
    They got all mixed up confused the heck out of me so I unpinned everything from the taskbar and pinned everything back in the order I had with the right icons matching the pinned links

I'm so confused after this
    Posted By Mikro
    • Edited by Mikro Sunday, May 24, 2009 7:34 PM
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 7:32 PM

Answers

• Mikro,

I wonder if a program you installed tried to put an icon on the 'Quick Launch' bar...

Yeah I think that's what happened that triggered the senero then something happen it clean it's self up because it's not done it all day. I'm wondering if it did happen like that what happen to the short cut :s it might still be in there  
    Posted By Mikro
    Monday, May 25, 2009 12:44 AM

All replies

• Were you able to reproduce this? Clearly sounds like some bug (eventually caused by third party software).
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 9:13 PM
  • Were you able to reproduce this? Clearly sounds like some bug (eventually caused by third party software).

It happened once so far still tracking it. it was triggered by a restart and I was installing some games but nothing major.

I felt I was pretty far enough got things the way I want them I performed a full back up of everything this was after I
    resolved the above issue for now.

It looked like as things were loading maybe how the processes and start up items were starting up that the 9 pinned task have the order of the links were changed but the icons were called to the locations they were in so like IE link box loaded under the windows live e-mail instead of loading under the IE icon and so on if that's senero is possible

There's no real bug reporting or status for the rc ? unless invited It's been hours since the above issue accured computers not been restarted in a few
    hours and the taskbar seems stable right now

I just had a thought I got real audio 11 & Quicktime installed there current versions they ussually set a short cut to what was the quick task launch bar well in win 7 rc there is none so where do the quick task short cuts go when there set by a program I tink one of the installers went to place a short cut in the quick launch taskbar and there is none in windows 7

Easily fixed by turning them off in there programs options of quicktime and real audio
    I think I might check there.

Posted By Mikro
    Monday, May 25, 2009 12:31 AM
  • Mikro,

I wonder if a program you installed tried to put an icon on the 'Quick Launch' bar...
    No, I take that back. I just tested it and it didn't affect mine.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 12:41 AM
    Answerer
  • Mikro,

Yeah I think that's what happened that triggered the senero then something happen it clean it's self up because it's not done it all day. I'm wondering if it did happen like that what happen to the short cut :s it might still be in there  
    Posted By Mikro
    Monday, May 25, 2009 12:44 AM