Hub Transport Server health status RRS feed

• Question

• I have my HUB/CAS server roles combined on a machine.  I have enabled all Exchange role discoveries and my roles are all discovered.

However, if I look at the Exchange 2007 topology node in the SCOM console and drill down to the Hub Transport server there is no health status for it.  Just an empty circle. Drilling down further there is a health status indicator for the ESE queue on each of my hub transport servers but the health status doesn't appear to roll up the list to give me an overall indication of the health status for the Hub Transport server.

Is this by design or am I missing something?

Thanks

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:14 PM

Answers

• Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:47 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Please ensure the Hub Transport role has been discovered referring to the following post:

Exchange 2007 Management Packs do not automatically monitor Exchange servers

http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2010/02/23/exchange-2007-management-packs-do-not-automatically-monitor-exchange-servers.aspx

Meanwhile, please double check your settings and configurations referring to the management pack guide:

Operations Manager Management Pack for Exchange 2007

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb217782(EXCHG.80).aspx

If the issue persists, please also check the Event Log on the servers and see if there is any related error. If so, please also let us know the details.

The state of monitored Hub Transport servers could not be detected

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb217561(EXCHG.80).aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, December 17, 2010 7:38 AM
  • As clearly stated in my first post, all role discoveries are enabled and discovered.

It is just the health status of the Hub Transport Role servers that doesn't seem to be detected.

There are no events in either the application, system or Ops Manager event logs to suggest there is a problem.

Running the Test-SerivceHealth cmdlet on the Hub Transport servers show true for both the CAS and HUB transport role as well as all required services are running:

Role          RequiredServicesRunning ServicesRunning        ServicesNotRunning
    ----          ----------------------- ---------------        ------------------
    Client Access True                    IISAdmin
                                          MSExchangeADTopology
                                          MSExchangeFDS
                                          MSExchangePOP3
                                          MSExchangeServiceHost
                                          W3Svc
    Hub Transport True                    MSExchangeADTopology
                                          MSExchangeEdgeSync
                                          MSExchangeTransport
                                          MSExchangeTransportLog
                                          Search

There is no alert generated in SCOM as described in the last linked article.

Friday, December 17, 2010 7:00 PM
  • Hi, health should roll up to the hub role as well. Could you try putting the Hub Server in maintenance mode for 5 minutes and see whether that corrects the issue? Alternatively (if it's an option for you) restart the health service on that server.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:46 AM
  • Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:47 PM