none
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Setup . The following error occured. perflib 2.0 counter registration failed with exit code 534

Question

• Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Setup . The following error occurred. perflib 2.0 counter registration failed with exit code 534
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:29 AM

All replies

• share this file please C:\Program files\Microsoft sql server\140\setup bootstrap\log\  summary*.txt file 
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:02 AM
  • Hi,

We don't have the 140 folder in program files\Microsoft SQL Server path

We have do have 130, 120,110,100 folders though,, but not able to find log file.  Please suggest.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:02 AM
  • In your case it would be this:

C:\Program files\Microsoft sql server\130\setup bootstrap\log\

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:06 AM
  • Hi,

Which version of Windows Operation System did you use? Besides, how do you install SQL Server 2016.

In your scenario, I suggest you packaging the full C:\Program files\Microsoft sql server\130\setup bootstrap\log folder and share it during Onedrive and put the link here.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

I have upload the folder on one drive of "C:\Program files\Microsoft sql server\130\setup bootstrap\log"

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap2EMZOqqz0xaypUM_Yp_bfxWKI

Please let me know still need any details.

Thanks.

11 hours 25 minutes ago