SBS 2008 Exchange 2007 - Incoming external emails stops working intermittently RRS feed

• Question

• I have Exchange 2007 on Windows SBS2008. Internal and external email send and receive fine but nearly once a week the incoming external emails just stop working. I fix it by re-running the Setup internet address wizard in the SBS 2008 console which presumably restarts the exchanges services and they start working again. Restarting the server sometimes fixes the problem but other times I still need to run the setup internet address wizard for the emails to start coming in.

The MX record is correct.

The server is up to date with all updates including Exchange updates.

The event logs don't show anything around the times the service just stops although a lot of the times I'm not sure exactly when it happens because it does seem to happen most time early mornings. There is a back up that runs at 11pm each night but I've tested after the back up finish and emails still work so I don't think it's that.

Have searched and searched for an answer but can't find anything. Any ideas anyone?

Monday, August 29, 2011 2:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding to your question, please put it in SBS support forum.

You'll get effective support.

For your convenience:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sbsserver

Best Regards!
    • Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Tuesday, September 6, 2011 6:19 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:45 AM
  • Hi There,

just been googling the same symptoms you have and seems like we are having the same problem too.

did you resolve this? if so could you provide me the link or give out any clues that could help out?

With thanks

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:25 PM
  • Hi, ignore the last comment.

C drive was running low on space causing the external emails to drop with no errors in the event log!

WSUS was taking up a lot of space so I moved it to another partition

Yannick

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:55 PM