none
Surface Pro PXE boot not injectiong drivers MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I know I am doing something wrong. We are using Server 2012 WDS and MDT 2013 to deploy windows 8.1 to Surface Pro. We are using the official Surface Pro Ethernet Adapter but I am seeing this error:

No networking adapters found, The network drivers for your device are not present LiteTouch         12/10/2013 10:10:28 AM    0 (0x0000)

What do I need to do to fix this?

• Edited by Paul_R Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:32 PM Spelling
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:05 PM

All replies

• Have you added the drivers to the MDT console *and* updated the deployment share?

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:02 AM
  • Where exactly does one find this elusive USB Ethernet driver?

I have imported the entirety of the "Octorber2013SurfaceProWin8.1" driver pack download into MDT, updated my Selection Profile, updated/regenerated the boot image and then replaced the image on the WDS side with the newly-updated wim file, but I am still running into this exact same issue. it PXE boots fine, but then cannot connect to the deployment share in WinPE because there are no network adapters. :/

-M

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:38 PM
  • That was my issue I did not have the driver in my share. I used program called Double Driver to find it.  It will be listed as a MS driver called Surface Ethernet Adapter. InMDT it will be called Microsoft Net oem33.inf 8.10.0806.2013. I hope this helps. Here is the link to Double Driver
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:22 AM
  • Next time a quick tip which I learned from MVP Enterprise Client Management Johan Arwidmark, don't use a driver detection tool, but instead retrieve the Hardware ID and type it in on the http://www.pcidatabase.com

This database has a very extensive list of hardware and pci vendors. Which should exactly tell which driver you are missing!

Good luck!

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:11 PM