none
Capacity Planning page not loading in MS Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• The Resource Utilization by Project view is not loading in MS Project Online since 16 Sept 2016 for us. We can live with that. But Capacity Planning page is throwing an error when that view is selected by default. 

I have tested this in various environment and various browsers with the same result. 

The latest update might have broken this.

Can anyone confirm the same?

Friday, September 16, 2016 1:44 PM

Answers

• I can repro that, changing to that view didnt change the view on the page. Now that was the last view that was selected I can't get back into the Resouce Capcity Planning page. It just gives - Sorry, something went wrong.

Open a support ticket via your Office 365 tenant.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

I can repro on my tenant with "Resource Utilization by Project" not selected in the past, graph is not updated when changing to this view.

Right now, a customer reported error message "Something went wrong" for a user, who used view "Resource Utilization by Project" the last time.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:28 AM

All replies

• I can repro that, changing to that view didnt change the view on the page. Now that was the last view that was selected I can't get back into the Resouce Capcity Planning page. It just gives - Sorry, something went wrong.

Open a support ticket via your Office 365 tenant.

Paul

Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

I can repro on my tenant with "Resource Utilization by Project" not selected in the past, graph is not updated when changing to this view.

Right now, a customer reported error message "Something went wrong" for a user, who used view "Resource Utilization by Project" the last time.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:28 AM
  • I have heard from support that this is known issue and a fix is being worked on - unfortunately there are no estimated timescales for the fix though. 

Paul

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:03 AM
  • Hi Paul and Barbara,

seems to work for me again, 22.09.2016, but I did not have any prior history for reproduction, so this may very well be not representation.

Note: After closing and relogging, I had to reload the page (with the "Resource Utilization by Project" selected) once to get the bars to appear.

Can anyone else confirm or refute this?

Thank you and best regards,
    Adrian

Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:37 AM
  • Hello,

Yes a fix was rolled out for this issue, it works for me.

Paul

Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:44 AM
  • Yes. Looks like it is fixed.
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:50 PM
  • Hi All,

This issue is now resolved and we are able to get to the capacity planning page with no issues and navigate out of it.

This only happened with one View in the capacity planning page. and now stands resolved.  :-) :-)

Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:02 PM
  • Good morning 

I'm having the same problem as you guys since yesterday, can you please confirm how did you solve this issue? Do I need to create the ticket? Is there new license upgrades that I need to follow?

Friday, September 23, 2016 2:08 PM