none
New phone and number cannot access email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am having an issue with my authenticator app bc I recently sold my old phone and deleted the app in turn I also changed my phone number. I can no longer log into my other email address bc it prompts me for approval from the app I no longer have access to. I attempted to re-download the app but when I enter the email it still requires approval from the app.Please please help me get back into my email account it has been over a week and I have received no support from the call line.
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi

What is the kind of your account?

If your account is a Microsoft account, you could manage your security info at https://account.live.com/proofs/manage. Click Use a password instead to logon in and set your new Phone.

If your account is a work account, you should contact your Azure AD administrator to disable your MFA settings, then enable MFA, in this way, we can re-configure authenticator app again.

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 6:42 AM
  • It's a personal account and it will still not allow me to log on without the approval code and my number has changed also so I cannot receive text verification.
    Saturday, April 22, 2017 10:46 PM
  • It is a hotmail account
    Monday, April 24, 2017 3:36 AM
  • Hi

Select Use your password instead. You could logon your account without approval code and text verification.

Regards,

Walter

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 6:36 AM
  • Yes that would be nice if I were prompted the same thing you show there but instead this is what I get-send another request too my Microsoft account app, enter security code from app instead or get code a different way (which is a text to a number I no longer have or use the app .
    Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:39 AM
  • Hi

If possible, could you show me some screenshots that would help to explain what your issue is ?

Regards

Walter

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:41 AM