DPC WATCH DOG VIOLATION ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• I have purchased a new hp laptop model G4 440 core i7 7th generation. whenever i played a video online suddenly every thing stops and a beeping sound appears with blue screen of death appears displaying error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have applied different solutions available on internet but this error keeps on showing. 

Friday, October 6, 2017 2:09 PM

All replies

• The minidump files from a few bsods needed to analyse them. See BSOD Finding and fixing them (by Team ZigZag) and advice on finding them and uploading them to a file sharing site.
    Friday, October 6, 2017 7:57 PM
  • Please post using one drive or drop box share links:

1) mini dump files:  %SystemRoot%\Minidump or c:\windows\minidump

2) memory dump file:  %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP or C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

3) msinfo32

In left lower corner search type msinfo32 > wait 5 minutes for it to load > save to desktop > use share link to post into thread

4) dxdiag

In left lower corner search type dxdixg > wait 5 minutes for it to load > save to desktop > use share link to post into thread.
    Friday, October 6, 2017 10:31 PM
  • Hello,

Also run Bluescreen troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Saturday, October 7, 2017 3:32 AM
  • Since BSOD issue occurred on watching video online, try to reinstall video card driver via Device Manger and update Adobe Flash player.

Besides, you could use WinDbg to analyze the latest three minidump files, this tool will give you the crash information and probable case.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 9, 2017 2:07 AM