How to Repair PST File in Outlook 2007 Step by Step? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

My PST file has been corrupted. I don’t know why. I have tried Microsoft’s inbuilt Inbox Repair tool but it did not work. So, please suggest me a best solution to repair PST file in Outlook 2007 quickly.

Thanks!

Bruce

Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Bruce,

You may need to run the Inbox Repair tool for several times until there is no error can be detected. If you can still access the original PST file, you can also try to recover items from the backup (.bak) file. See the following article for more information:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

If above still doesn't help, you may need to find some third-party recover tool or have to create a new PST file.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, September 18, 2017 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:11 PM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 6:14 AM
  • Steps to repair PST file with scanpst.exe are already given above i just want to add that sometime it is need to run inbox repair tool two or three times before all errors are removed from PST file. So if running inbox repair tool single time doesn't repair your PST file then it is advised to run it again until all the errors are removed from PST file
    Monday, May 27, 2019 5:48 AM