none
DPM Monthly Job not running RRS feed

• Question

• Above is our schedule, i am having issues with the monthly job running to tape. Can anyone advise as to what could be causing the issue

Thanks in Advance

Thursday, September 1, 2011 12:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

what's the issue you are having with your monthly tape backup?

Thursday, September 1, 2011 12:33 AM
  • It doesn't run, it should have run today at 10am
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 12:50 AM
  • Can you go to the monitoring tab and tell us what kind of error you've got?
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:29 AM
  • The monitoring does not show anything in relation to the expected job, not even that is failed
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:55 AM
  • If the monitoring tab doesn't show anything in relation to this expected job that means that every jobs have been canceled or that the job doesn't exist in DPM.

It should show the coming job for your monthly backup and show the status of the past ones.

Thursday, September 8, 2011 12:42 PM
  • If the monitoring tab doesn't show anything in relation to this expected job that means that every jobs have been canceled or that the job doesn't exist in DPM.

It should show the coming job for your monthly backup and show the status of the past ones.

The Jobs certainly do exist

Thursday, September 8, 2011 11:07 PM
  • Thursday, September 8, 2011 11:09 PM
  • stanicno12, did you ever get this resolved, and if so - how? I think I'm dealing with the same issue.

• Edited by EdMVP Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:39 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:36 PM
  • I believe I found the answer to my issue after digging around technet: "For any long term backups of Monthly or longer, If you change the protection group for any reason within 48 hrs of the scheduled time, it will not run as expected."

I wish there was a warning, or something to let me know this existed. In general, DPM is too rigid with it's backup schedules.

• Proposed as answer by EdMVP Monday, February 6, 2012 2:20 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 2:20 PM