none
How to set permissions on a custom field on a pdp page in project server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

How can i set permissions on a custom field on a pdp page in project server 2010.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 12:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vivaan,

It's not supportable to set permission at custom field level in project server 2010.

Could you be more specific what are you trying to achieve?

Warm Regards Badal Ratra

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 1:42 PM
  • I see three options, (agreeing with Badal that more info would be helpful). Ufortunately, there is no easy out of the box solution.

1) You could add  some JavaScript on the PWA level.

2 ) If you are using the workflow stages and gates, then you can set some fields to be read-only (or Required) at some certain stages.

3) There used to be a Solution Starter called PDP customizations, which allows you to set required fields by PDP.

4) You could develop a PDP in InfoPath, and work some magic there.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Hi

Thanks Badal And Prasanna for reply

Actually my requirement is that i have a custom field and this custom field i associated with PDP. Now i want to set the user specific permissions such as Read/Write,Edit,update for different user's on that particular custom field. 

Mean only administrator can Edit,Write and Update of that field and for remaining users it should be read-only mode only.

Thanks...

• Edited by Vivaan Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:25 AM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:00 AM
  • Hi

Prasanna Adavi

Thanks

Can you provide me some help regarding java script.Would javaScript work here around for user specific custom field permissions.

Thanks.

• Edited by Vivaan Thursday, September 5, 2013 5:58 AM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 5:57 AM
  • Vivian,

I am not an expert on the 'code' side. You might get better responses, if you post on the Project Customization and Programming forum.

Aside from that, I know Sunil Kumar' blog talks a lot about these kind of customizations. Take a look: http://epmxperts.wordpress.com/?s=custom+field

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Friday, September 6, 2013 1:39 PM
  • Hi Prasanna Adavi

Thanks For your suggestion,

Thanku so much..

Monday, September 9, 2013 5:49 AM
  • Hi Vivaan,

Say for example your custom field name is CF1.

Create another field CF2 as a calculated field as CF2=[CF1]. Add this CF2 to your pdp page , so that it will be read only for all the users.

Add CF1 for another PDP and add this pdp on the same page , then goto the pdp webpart and add administrator name or specific group name under the Target Audience section, so that this pdp section will be visible and editable for only these people.

Thanks,

Rajkumar. 

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:46 PM