none
How to Get: Multiple Protection Groups w/ One Tape Per Backup Cycle? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Hi, my question is simple. I have four protection groups and want to run them all at the same time, on the same disk. How do I get DPM 2012 to do this? It runs the first job then ask for a new disk... I'm sure there is some simple setting but I can't seem to find it. i searched in the forums prior to posting this but nothing has came up. I'm sure this is a simple question.

Thanks!

Jim V. 

Monday, July 23, 2012 9:44 AM

Answers

• Yeah, I couldn't wait for an answer. Looks like I solved the issue myself. So here is a good post for others to go off of if they have the same issues. Others feel free to respond with how you did it, i seen the power shell command but this seems like it will end up working for me.

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:11 AM

All replies

• After doing some research, I'm assuming that the answer to my question is co-location? That can be found here? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399230

Just want to run it by some experts before i move forward :)

Thanks in advance!

Jim V.

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:56 AM
  • Yeah, I couldn't wait for an answer. Looks like I solved the issue myself. So here is a good post for others to go off of if they have the same issues. Others feel free to respond with how you did it, i seen the power shell command but this seems like it will end up working for me.

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Thank you!! Helped me out!!
    Monday, February 13, 2017 6:59 PM