none
Query Results and Returned Values RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Again,

I've taken over a service manager implementation and I am having some trouble understanding how the Query Results work as it relates to the Active Directory Connection.  So this is what I've done so far.

I've created a request offering and set one of the user prompts to use Query Results.  I've configured the Query Results to use the Active Directory User basic class and set the Configure Criteria to use the department field and one of the many OUIDs in the organization as a constraint. I've also set the Display Columns to use the department field as well.   Under the Options tab I've checked the allow users to select multiple objects and add user selected objects to template as related items. 

When I publish the request offering in a service offering the Query Results are showing the correct fields but when I select anything and submit the request the created service request is showing a username in the user input fields values as opposed to the information in the department field. 

Is there any way to change which information is pulled into the service request when ticket is submitted?  

Monday, July 25, 2016 7:40 PM

Answers

• Query Result choices are objects that are related to the Service Request object/record, not properties.

The user inputs fields is a representation of the original answers chosen by the user, so in the case of a query result, it shows the objects that were chosen, but it only shows their display name and underlying Id.

You can view the department field info by double-clicking the related user object. The chosen user object will appear in the Related Items tab under "Affected Configuration Items" or "Related configuration items" depending on how you configured the request offering question.

And just for clarification, the properties you selected to display on the portal have nothing to do with what appears in the Service Request form.

• Marked as answer by Jarrett_Faulk Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:09 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:08 AM