Multiple .NET Framework 4 update errors RRS feed

• Question

• During deployment of Windows 7 with MDT 2012 update1 I've got problems with several .NET Updates.

Let me explain more about our situation:

- A couple of months ago I've made a reference image with all kinds of Windows updates included (up to March 2013) (inclusive KB2468871)

- When I deploy a computer it got stucked with two updates: KB2804576 + KB2836939

- Even trying to update from the internet won't let me install these updates.

I've found a work around for this, but I am looking for a better solution:

1. Connect the computer to the internet (Bypassing WSUS settings)

2. Repair .NET Framwork 4 client Profile

3. Check for updates from the Microsoft Update website

4. Now I've got three .NET Framwork 4 updates available instead of two: KB2804576 + KB2836939 + new is: KB2468871

5. If I now first install KB2804576 + KB2836939 it will succesfully install.

6. Then I install KB2468871 also succesfully.

7. Another check from the Microsoft Update website let me install another 5x .NET 4 Framework updates, which installs succesfully.

So I can conclude that somehow the KB2468871 in the reference image might not succesfully installed?

Is there a way to go around this without making a new reference image?

Of course I don't want to decline all future .NET Framework updates or repair all our computers.....

• Edited by VMI-IT Friday, June 14, 2013 8:57 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 8:52 AM

All replies

• The KB Article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871) has some information about checking to see if it was installed.  If you believe this KB is what's "broken" in your reference image, you could always install it as an Application (using the .exe from the download) and then doing the WSUS Update in the Task Sequence.  If the file is an .MSU, then you could use a Package instead.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Saturday, June 15, 2013 1:50 AM
    Answerer