none
How to Export to Excel with Formatting or Create Excel Services Report for Single Schedule? RRS feed

• Question

• My users need a simple way to get their schedule from PWA into Excel with formatting intact (indentation, bold, etc).  Currently, the "Export to Excel" feature removes all formatting. 

First:  Is there a way to make it export but keep formatting?

Second:  If not, can someone point me in the right direction for creating an Excel Services report for a single schedule?  I've created them for all projects, but I'm not sure how to make one that knows to only pull data from the current schedule the user is viewing. 

Asking them to go to Project Pro and copy/paste the tasks is not an option, as many of these users don't have a license for Project Pro.  The solution has to work from PWA.

Thanks in advance!

Rocky

Friday, December 21, 2012 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hello Rocky,

An excel services report will not preserve formatting either.  To get a list of all tasks for a single project is easy, just use the project name as a filter and then let the user choose the project they want.  To list all of the tasks, I insert the WBS and sort by that field.  You'll want to include all tasks, and choose start, finish and duration as well as WBS and task name.

It would also be easy to export to Excel, and include the outline level.  With a macro you could then indent the task name depending on the outline level - relevatively simple I would have thought...

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Friday, December 21, 2012 10:16 PM